Are you looking for a therapeutic boarding school in New Jersey for your troubled child or teen? This post will help you find schools located nearby. We will guide you in making the best decision as to where your child or teen can live in an environment to help them grow into a productive adult.
If these schools are not located near you, be sure to check out our listings of therapeutic boarding schools by state. Be sure to check out our guide on therapeutic boarding schools and how to choose the best one for your youth.
Listing of New Jersey Therapeutic Boarding Schools
Below you will find a list of the therapeutic boarding schools locating in New Jersey.
Listings are for information purposes and do not imply a recommendation.
Bancroft in Cherry Hill
Bancroft treats a variety of conditions such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Alzheimers, Concussion, Stroke Rehabilitation, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Anoxic or Hypoxic Brain Injury, Covid-19 Rehabilitation, and Post-Surgical Neurological Challenges.
Treatment covers the following areas:
- Children Services – For children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and autism, Bancroft has special education programs and residential programs.
- Adult Services – For adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and autism Bancroft offers residential Programs, day Programs, and employment services.
- Neurological Rehabilitation for Children and Adults – Bancroft provides testing and evaluation, outpatient therapies, day treatment, residential treatment, and supported employment at their NeuroRehab.
Bancroft focuses on helping each patient reach their full potential and live the best life possible through their individualized, comprehensive treatment programs.
Call 800-774-5516 or visit their website for more information.
Devereux New Jersey in Cherry Hill
Devereux New Jersey is part of Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Centers that operates in 13 states throughout the U.S. Devereux New Jersey works with children, adolescents, and adults ages 5 through lifespan (adults) with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health needs and child welfare concerns.
Devereux New Jersey’s treatment options include intensive in-home support, community-based homes and apartments, vocational training, and family-based services focusing on positive and strength-based approaches. All programs are dedicated to increasing independent living skills, community inclusion and ensure the highest possible quality of life.
For more information visit their website or call (856) 599-6400.
East Mountain School in Belle Mead
East Mountain School is a private, non-profit, special education school serving 7th through 12th-grade (high school) students. Their program provides quality special education and intensive therapeutic services for adolescents with behavioral or psychiatric disorders.
No residential services are provided.
Visit their website or call 908-281-1415 for more information.
Matheny in Peapack
Matheny serves children and adults with a variety of developmental disabilities through the following programs.
- Matheny Hospital is for children and adults with medically complex developmental disabilities.
- A Special Education School provides academics and functional life skills for students, ages 3-21. They offer preschool for ages 3-5, elementary school for ages 5-14, and high school for ages 14-21.
- A Comprehensive Outpatient Center for people with all types of disabilities in the community.
- Matheny Community Residences provide independent living for adults in group home settings.
Call (908) 234-0011 ext 721 or visit their website for more information.
We understand how difficult it can be to find the right therapeutic boarding school for your child. Be sure to reach out to the schools that you think will be the best fit for your child by calling them at the numbers provided or checking out their websites.
This will help you to quickly find the treatment your child needs to grow and prosper into their future lives.
If you have further questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected] or leave a comment below.
Click here for a free PDF printable checklist of the 7 steps to take when your child needs residential treatment.
Leave a Reply